We are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to join our team. Candidates possessing any combination of the requirements listed below are encouraged to apply.
Fontana, California USA
- Assist in directing the estimating team.
- Review RFP/RFQ specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Develop Bills of Materials.
- Work with suppliers/vendors in obtaining pricing.
- Develop all labor and material costs to fully complete a project estimate.
- Provide bid and project management for sub-assembly purchases.
- Participate with supervisor and corporate management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Analyze documents and prepare detailed cost estimates based on specifications.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook, required.
- Ability to work on and complete an estimate with minimal guidance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with preparing bids including sheet metal, structural steel, paint, doors, insulation electrical parts, mechanical parts, shipping, and loading/unloading a plus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities