The Applications Engineer is responsible for collaborating with our engineering department, project managers, and business development team to prepare cost proposals for our relay panels and control enclosure manufacturing projects.
Fontana, California USA
- May be responsible in the hiring process of selecting personnel for the department
- Train, coach, and develop team members on specific topics related to estimating and engineering
- Review RFP/RFQ specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate in order bid to meet or exceed customer specification requirements.
- Coordinate directly with customers regarding specification/design questions and clarifications.
- Work with suppliers/vendors in obtaining pricing, including developing and maintain working files for estimate figures including information of prices from suppliers, price lists, etc.
- Prepare accurate, detailed, disciplined estimates, including developing scope of work, pricing, and labor schedules.
- Design and draw select fabrication and assembly drawings for control buildings and/or control panels required for submittal with the bid, depending on the scope of the project
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to meet growth demands.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Run kick off meetings for projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Research new procedures, proposals, and process improvements as we grow our operation.
- Propose ideas and suggestions for areas of improvement to standardize and increase bid success rate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ability to read Mechanical and Electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams
- Ability to read and understand Commercial Documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to make independent judgments
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and other related programs (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and using a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to traverse the facility as needed to observe production and provide guidance regarding manufacturing projects
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities