The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with prospective, new, and current customers to drive the demand for Crown’s medium voltage switchgear in the Canadian and Northeastern US Markets.
This position will require up to 25% of travel, both locally and nationally (within the U.S. and Canada).
Vaughn, Ontario Canada
- Consults with existing and potential clients to assess and understand equipment needs and systems requirements.
- Research and analyze current and future business opportunities using technical knowledge of product offerings.
- Generate high-quality sales leads and maintain an active pipeline of leads.
- Network to increase our company visibility, both locally and nationally.
- Drafts or assists with the drafting of presentations and other documentation and materials that explain products and services to customers.
- Ensures that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications; proposes improved materials or products to customers and explains benefits of changes.
- Provides support to customers throughout the sales life cycle.
- Attend relevant networking and marketing events to expand on business contacts and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven record in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of CRM Systems, preferably SugarCRM or Salesforce
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or field related to products and services being sold preferred.
- At least five years of related product or sales experience in the Ontario electrical utility industry required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities