The construction manager plans, directs and coordinates activities and staff members pertaining to the construction and installation of any of Crown Technical Systems product offerings (enclosures, relay panels, switchgear) while remaining compliant with internal quality and safety policies, labor requirements, and government regulations.
Fontana, California USA
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to Corporate Operations Manager
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors while enforcing safety regulations at all times.
- Assists the project manager with conducting inspections, completing environmental and engineering reports, obtaining all necessary permits and establishing building budgets in accordance with the project scope.
- Coordinates with the client or site owner in maintaining contact with the insurance carrier, fire protection, police department and other agencies having jurisdiction over the site to ensure that the site complies with the codes and regulations of each agency.
- Ensures that all required insurance certificates and statutory worker’s compensation are in place prior to commencing work.
- Consults with the project manager to review building budget and determine the scope of work required.
- Evaluates scope of work for plan procedures, start and completion dates, and staffing requirements for each phase of the construction project. Estimates the scope of work and may be required to obtain a minimum of three bids for comparison and completion of each job as necessary
- Hires, directs and motivates supervisory personnel, subcontractors and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
- Receives and resolves work problems, including worker complaints and/or grievances.
- Inspects installation methods and projects while in various stages of construction or manufacturing on a regular basis to ensure the work conforms to specifications, budget and schedule.
- Initiates any repair or replacement needs and/or adjustment of working procedures.
- Regularly communicates with the project team regarding unit and property improvement status.
- Serving as jobsite representative for Crown Technical Systems.
- Assisting in the identification and qualification of the various sub-contractor required for the project, including all site and building trades
- Providing coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project, including schedule and cost management.
- Assists in the development of initial project specific cost estimates and participates in the budgetary management of the various cost components of the project.
- Monitors and ensures schedule performance and quality workmanship of internal installation team.
- Works closely with the contractor, electrical & mechanical engineers, and associated partners in developing site specific value engineering options for the work.
- Reviews change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of CTS’ interests.
- Reviewing and approving contractor payment requests as appropriate
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the respective clients while documenting and taking action on items in CTS’ interests.
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the liaison for CTS in matters associated with Federal, State, and
- Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements.
- Reviews requirements as it pertains to CTS’ contractual obligations, ensuring the installation team meets the requirements while controlling project cost
- Coordinates with on site and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the development of close out or invoicing documents.
- Serves as an information resource by coordinating installation work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list and close-out.
- Coordinates deliveries with trucking and crane companies.
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Office 365)
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position is performed largely in outside weather conditions.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 5 to 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Managerial experience
- Experience managing multiple projects with rigid delivery timeframes
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact professionally & effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities