The Electrical AutoCAD Drafter is responsible for preparing drawings and schematics using CAD software for manufacturing projects.
Fontana, California USA
- Draft electrical schematics, layouts, and drawings for electrical systems including HVAC systems, lighting, receptacles, fans, fire alarm systems, and battery systems using AutoCAD.
- Generate AutoCAD drawings of three line and wiring drawings for switchgear projects
- Follow AC/DC schematics and check wiring diagrams
- Review electrical control house wiring design and update drawings for red line corrections.
- Communicate with engineers on electrical design & follow established standards
- Work closely with engineering and production team members to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of required work; answer design questions that arise during the production process
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including schematics and electrical product guidelines.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE/ANSI Standard
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software and other drafting tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Associates degree in Drafting or Electrical Engineering; Bachelors degree preferred
- At least 3 years experience using AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities