The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgears.
Vaughn, Ontario Canada
- Draft overall system layout/ single line drawings, electrical schematics using AutoCAD.
- Generate AutoCAD drawings of three line and wiring drawings of switchgear per Engineer’s instruction.
- Follow AC/DC schematics and check wiring diagrams based on that.
- Work with Electrical engineer in functional testing of Medium voltage switchgear.
- Electrical control house wiring design and update drawings for red line corrections. Design and draft HVAC system, lighting, receptacles, Fans, Fire Alarm systems, Battery system & etc. per engineer’s direction.
- Follow specific instructions by engineers & other duties assigned by Management.
- Communications with engineers on electrical design & follow established standards
- Work closely with engineering and production team members to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of required work and drive tasked work to completion.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proficient with AutoCAD. Effectively use multiple application packages where necessary, including advanced level commands.
- Experience with drawing electrical diagrams using CAD software. Knowledge of industrial control systems is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Interpretation of schematics and electrical product guideline.
- Skills to use independent judgment and thought processes to complete tasks.
- Strong sense of customer urgency.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering / Drafting + 2 Years of Electrical drafting Work experience OR 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Majority of the time the employee has to work on computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes required to go on floor and work with engineering and testing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.