We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with experience in modeling and design of electrical power systems. In this role, you will be involved in a variety of engineering tasks associated with the design of power distribution systems, medium voltage electrical distribution, lighting control systems, and other electrical systems for our enclosure building manufacturing projects.
Fontana, California USA
- Generate detailed BLDG wiring drawings from customer supplied guidance schematic.
- Perform part selection & develop Bills of Materials for manufacturing projects including panel boards, lighting & fire alarm system equipment, HVAC system and signaling system, relays, battery/chargers, etc.
- Design and perform load calculations for power distribution and lighting systems.
- Prepare single line diagrams for power distribution.
- Prepare drawings detailing the entire electrical design.
- Generate Cable schedules for assigned project.
- Work with switchgear manufacturers to select proper switchgear equipment.
- Perform power testing of protective relay panels and medium voltage switchgear line-ups.
- Perform communication and HMI testing on relay panel line-ups.
- Follow Engineering and company procedures and policies.
- The candidate shall be responsible for running their own projects and meeting budgetary and schedule requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 1-3 Years of Relevant Work Experience
- Engineer with MEP experience is a plus
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience in designing & testing of three phase AC and DC control circuits.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures, NEC, and IEEE Codes.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment is required, also skilled to handle Design and testing project at a same time.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and a proven ability work well in a cross functional team with fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills and strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Proficient with computers and MS office programs.
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, protection relay testing, communication network circuits would be a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for periods of time and occasionally required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities