Full time position
Address: 2350 Crist Road Suite 1300, Garland, TX 75040
1st shift hours:
Monday through Friday: 6:00 am-2:45 pm
(Subject to change at company’s discretion)
Garland, Texas USA
Will include, but not be limited to:
- Follow Engineering and company procedures and policies.
- The candidate shall be responsible for running their own projects and meeting budgetary and schedule requirements.
- Complete other tasks given by the Electrical Engineer Manager or other members of Management.
- Generate detailed BLDG wiring drawings from customer supplied guidance schematic.
- Perform equipment selection such as Panel boards, relays, battery/chargers etc. & develop Bills of Materials.
- Work with switchgear manufacturers to select proper switchgear equipment.
- Perform power testing of protective relay panels and medium voltage switchgear line-ups.
- Perform communication and HMI testing on relay panel line-ups.
- Participate in the testing on HVAC system, lighting, receptacles, Fans, Fire Alarm systems, Battery system & Meggering of cables, etc.
- Troubleshoot assembly, wiring and testing problems
- Generate Cable schedules for project.
- Demonstrate a good time keeping record, to include dependability and punctuality.
- Respect all company decisions & work with Electrical Engineers and Customers.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of job description.
- Assist in other projects as deemed by Management.
- Follow all Safety guidelines at all times & report any unsafe equipment or conditions to your supervisor.
- Report all accidents or illnesses to your supervisor immediately. Even if an accident does not result in injury or only needs first aid, please report it.
- In emergency situations assist all other departments or assist where deemed necessary
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience in designing & testing of three phase AC and DC control circuits.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment is required.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures.
- Knowledge of NEC & IEEE Codes.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and a proven ability work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Skilled to handle Design and testing project at a same time.
- Knowledgeable of troubleshooting issues during testing.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge with computers and MS office programs.
- Knowledge of Auto- Cad, protection relay testing, communication network circuits would be a plus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities