The Electrical Test Technician will complete electrical testing of products during the manufacturing process based on established testing procedures.
Fontana, California USA
- Follow AC/DC schematics and wiring diagrams to do testing of main electrical distribution AC/DC systems
- Perform testing on various systems including HVAC system, lighting, receptacles, fans, fire alarm systems, battery system, and meggering of cables
- Work closely with engineering and production team members to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of required testing work
- Be able to troubleshoot assembly, wiring and testing problems
- Drafts detailed technical reports to present findings; based on findings, recommends modifications needed to correct production problems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge in testing of three phase AC and DC control circuits.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures and NEC Codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss product flaws in a constructive and positive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare test reports and proposals.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in electrical testing or related field
- Periods of standing, walking, and sitting at a desk using a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time
- Must be able to traverse production facility to complete testing
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.