The Estimator is responsible for preparing material and labor cost estimates for our relay and control panel, switchgear, and steel enclosure manufacturing projects.
Vaughn, Ontario Canada
- Gathers and reviews proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents to determine scope of work.
- Communicate with customers during bid phase for clarifications and scope information to complete estimates.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements for each project.
- Create and submit cost estimates for review.
- Attend weekly bid meetings to provide status of open estimates and updates for each project in the pipeline.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing information from suppliers, vendors, and purchasing department and update estimate sheets accordingly
- Work on multiple estimates simultaneously.
- Partner with engineering, business development, and project management teams to help understand the technical pieces of the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to understand technical electrical and mechanical drawings and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Understanding of contractual language is a plus.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field preferred.
- Coursework in a related field/industry.
- At least 3 years of experience as an estimator or similar role
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.