We are seeking an innovative, experienced, and detailed-oriented estimator to join our growing organization. In this role, you will collaborate with our engineering department, project managers, and business development team to prepare estimates for our relay panels and control enclosure manufacturing projects to include material and labor costs.
Fontana, California USA
Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field -OR- 5+ years electrical or mechanical design experience
Experience with preparing estimates for electrical or mechanical projects preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Is able to quickly integrate into our existing team and make a contribution.
- Is enthusiastic and motivated.
- The ability to utilize technical and problem solving skills to produce quality electrical estimates.
- A strong work ethic.
- Experience with preparing bids including sheet metal, structural steel, paint, doors, insulation electrical parts, mechanical parts, shipping, and loading/unloading a plus.
- Ability to read electrical or mechanical drawings for power distribution projects
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Assist in directing the estimating team.
- Review RFP/RFQ specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Develop Bills of Materials.
- Work with suppliers/vendors in obtaining pricing.
- Develop all labor and material costs to fully complete a project estimate.
- Provide bid and project management for sub-assembly purchases.
- Participate with supervisor and corporate management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Analyze documents and prepare detail cost estimates based on specifications.
- Prepare accurate, detailed, disciplined estimates.
- Develop and maintain working files for estimate figures including information of prices from suppliers, price lists, etc.
- Obtain accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, customers, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to meet growth demands.
- Produce scope of work, pricing, and labor schedules based on engineer’s narrative.
- Being innovative, flexible and willing to research new procedures, proposals, and process improvements as we grow our operation.
- Work with Electrical and Mechanical Engineering team on technical items of proposals.
- Assist and work on projects assigned by Management.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities