The Facilities Manager is responsible for the maintenance, care, and efficient operation of all equipment and facilities used by the organization, as well as overseeing a team of maintenance personnel.
Fontana, California USA
- Hires and trains staff in the maintenance and facilities department.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures assigned facilities and equipment are ready for regular business and special events.
- Minimize cost of downtime of equipment while maximizing production run time.
- Dedicated to supporting the team by working in a customer-focused manner
- Maintains files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Owns the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Maintains the inventory, storage, and distribution of related equipment.
- Provides recommendations for purchases of new equipment.
- Arranges service by vendors to repair or replace defective products.
- Collaborates with other appropriate management staff to prepare and implement budget.
- Inspects and performs maintenance on assigned equipment and facilities as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn the equipment and facilities to be maintained.
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties.
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric minded.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records.
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in maintenance management with experience in supervision.
- Experience managing a production facility and familiarity of equipment, including Press Brakes, Punch Presses, Cranes, Forklifts, etc.
- Periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; periods of walking and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.