The Finance Manager will oversee the budget and finances of management services and the corporation by providing top tier leadership to the accounting team and supporting senior leadership daily.
Fontana, California USA
· Hires and trains new employees in the Accounting department.
· Supervises and manages the Accounting department’s assignments and priorities.
· Assigns financial responsibilities in consultation with the Vice President.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Prepares corporate financial statements in a timely fashion.
· Creates and maintains a series of financial controls and procedures for the Accounting department.
· Conducts periodic audits of budget items, including comparing per diems to actual expenses and other budget-to-actual comparisons.
· Provides relevant financial information to executive management team.
· Oversees and takes responsibility for all financial procedures and records.
· Maintains corporate checking accounts and invoices.
· Responsible for the various ledgers including cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, and journal entries to adjust the general ledger.
· Generates monthly reports including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits.
· Performs other related duties as requested or required
· Ability to create and manage corporate budgets.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to provide accounting services as detailed in management agreement.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as budget creation and analysis software.
· Excellent managerial skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices, and policies.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, with a minimum of 10 years of experience; OR a relevant master’s degree with five years of experience.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15p.m.
· Travel is may be expected for this position, less than 10%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Crown Technical Systems is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (includes language use and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Crown Technical Systems also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Discrimination can also include failing to reasonably accommodate religious practices or qualified individuals with disabilities where the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read the job description above and understand the requirements. I can perform all functions listed above. I understand that this job description is to be considered as an addendum to my employment offer letter or payroll action form and can be modified at any time.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities