The Finance Specialist will advise upper management in the creation, development, analysis, implementation, and adaptation of budgetary matters and financial management policy.
Fontana, California USA
- Assists in:
- Creation of job cost reports
- Cataloging and maintaining a bid summary and bid-detail repository.
- Conducting audits, surveys, and research on data accuracy and confidence.
- Creation and upkeep of job costing work instructions
- The development of departmental level budgets, providing advice and analysis to increase the efficiency of the company’s spending.
- Projecting future financial needs and collaborates with management personnel to prepare long-term financial plans, and other budget and financial reports.
- Makes recommendations to improve company’s fiscal efficiency based on interpretation and organization of financial information.
- Presents budget analysis and recommendations to upper-level management at the beginning of each budgetary cycle.
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files, documents, and materials relating to budgetary practices according to company’s policies.
- Oversees and compares departmental expenditures to original budget.
- Attends and actively participates in committees, professional groups, and seminars to stay current regarding new developments and trends in budgeting and finance.
- Provides information and answers to departments regarding budgets, forecasts, surveys, financial trends, and other requested data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting principles and practices related to job/contract costing, statistical methodology, generally accepted accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of financial analysis and economics.
- Ability to:
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis.
- Skillfully perform detailed statistical analyses of budget activities.
- Prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
- Work independently and complete work on schedule.
- Interpret financial data contained in reports and ledgers.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with various employees, vendors, stakeholders, and other interested personnel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Budgeting, Accounting, or related field.
- Experience involving the analytical research, and reporting, of complex financial data or any combination of relevant experience and education.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities