The Jr. Cost Accountant will perform analysis, implementation, and adaptation of job costing and its methods and procedures.
Fontana, California USA
- Assists in:
- Creation of job cost reports
- Cataloging and maintaining a bid summary and bid-detail repository.
- Conducting audits, surveys, and research on data accuracy and confidence.
- Creation and upkeep of job costing work instructions.
- Compares departmental hours to original budget for job planning and production.
- Provides information and answers to departments regarding budgets, forecasts, surveys, financial trends, and other requested data for job planning and production.
- Presents budget analysis and recommendations at the beginning of each budgetary cycle.
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files, documents, and materials relating to budgetary practices according to company’s policies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as accounting software.
- General understanding of accounting and budgeting principles and practices related to job/contract costing.
- Ability to:
- Prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
- Work independently and complete work on schedule.
- Interpret financial data contained in reports and ledgers.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with various employees, vendors, stakeholders, and other interested personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience involving the analytical research, and reporting, of complex financial data or any combination of relevant experience and education.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This is an onsite position.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.