The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the manufacturing activities and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
Fontana, California USA
- Creates, develops, provides, or coordinates training, materials, and other educational tools.
- Determine the parts, equipment, and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
- Collects and analyzes key performance indicator (KPI) data; makes recommendations off of findings
- Reviews current production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Identify and assist with implementation of cost saving and safety initiatives.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls.
- Prepares operations manuals for new or existing manufacturing processes; prepares and coordinates training as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of production principles and techniques including lean manufacturing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field required.
- At least three years of experience in a related capacity.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the production floor.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities