Reporting directly to the General Manager, this highly visible position will be responsible for managing the Company Master Project Schedule and other Production Sub-Schedules. Ideally, this position will be bench strength for Crown Technical Systems for the Project Manager, Engineering, and Planning Departments.
Fontana, California USA
- On a Weekly basis update and Issue Master Project Schedule with current status of all department deliverables and completion dates.
- Work with Project Managers to shift projects based on production capacity.
- Identify Critical Path items and track closely in concurrence with Project Managers.
- Facilitate Production Meetings to determine the status of project
- Set up and Maintain Production Loading schedule to determine available capacity to accept new orders.
- Communicate current lead times to Sales and Estimating for quoting purposes.
- Meet with Production Department Manager(s) to review Production Sub-Schedules to ensure alignment with Master Project Schedule.
- Suggest and implement improvement to Crown’s scheduling process.
- Interface with affiliate locations (Crown TEXAS, Crown CANADA) as required by project demands.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must have solid Microsoft Excel Skills and Microsoft Project Skills. Skills in Primavera is a plus.
- Ability to look at an overall schedule and identify risks with a critical thinking approach and discuss with supporting departments to develop a resolution.
- Ability to maximize relationships internally & communicate well with others to host meetings on a weekly basis
- to get information needed to maintain overall schedule.
- Ability to drive change while promoting improvement to the current Master Schedule with a focus on real time information.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes:
- Safety, health, and environmental awareness,
- Business ethics and compliance,
- Technical/professional competence and quality and time management,
- Interpersonal relations and communication skills,
- Initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability,
- Continuous improvement and problem solving, and
- Planning and organizing.
- Must be comfortable demonstrating courage to lead with influence in a 360 degree capacity (all levels including peers, subordinates, managers, executives).
- Bachelor’s degree; engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree preferred.
- APICS CPIM is preferred.
- Minimum (2) years experience in Production or Construction scheduling activities.
- Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be an ability to manage multiple projects and a high level of detail and accuracy.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities