The Materials Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of materials among departments to ensure production schedules and deadlines are met.
Fontana, California USA
- Follow up with vendors and buyers regarding lead times for materials and obtain tracking information; coordinate delivery dates, as needed.
- Tracks material shortages and prepare material shortage report
- Interfaces and coordinates with various department to resolve material and capacity constraints
- Attend weekly production meetings and provide accurate information regarding material lead times and any issues that could potentially affect production
- Attend weekly production walk-through meetings to identify any material issues that could potentially affect production
- Notify appropriate internal teams (project managers, production managers, etc.) of any issues and material shortages that could potentially affect production
- Document and verify all loose material and items are accounted for prior to shipment of manufacturing projects
- Research discrepancies associated with invoices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and an MRP/ERP System
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in planning, production, inventory, or expediting
- Periods of standing, walking, and sitting at a desk using a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities