Fontana, California USA
- Creating mechanical 2-D fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Creating mechanical 3-D assembly and general arrangement drawings.
- Design/Fabrication Drawings: Design and draw all fabrication and assembly drawings for Medium Voltage Switchgear, control buildings and control panels.
- Develop engineering bill of material.
- Provide engineering support to fabrication and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Work with Electrical Engineers and Customers.
- Personnel: Assist with recommendations of hiring, disciplinary action, and termination of employees as needed with proper reasoning and explanation.
- Maintain Schedule for all engineering Projects within department to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Review project plan views and wall elevations with project engineer.
- Review all fabrication drawings (Structural steel and sheet metal).
- Assist engineering personnel to design products that meet or exceed customer specification requirements.
- Assist in training new employees and current employees.
- Assist in employee reviews.
- Attend project and scheduling meetings as necessary including Kick-offs, Pre-Submittals, Pre-Constructions, Customer Conference Calls, etc.
- Audit personnel tasks (i.e. schedule/task completion progress)Keep management informed of overall department progress by reviewing trends, individual job performances and schedule completion.
- Coordinate directly with customers and project management group regarding specification/design questions and clarifications.
- Coordinate site work with customers and project management team.
- Attend the following meetings for projects.
- Pre-Submittal Meeting.
- Meeting to consist of:
- Review of Customer Specification.
- Review of drawings and bill of material to be submitted for compliance to specification and customer drawings.
- Review of bid documents.
- Review of any other pertinent documents.
- Pre-Construction Meeting:
- Review of entire work order prior to release to floor.
- Review of entire drawing package with project engineer and production prior to releasing to floor.
- Manufacturing Floor Meetings.
- Review of major issues with regards to engineering documents, manufacturing issues, or quality issues. Schedule as needed.
- Building Manufacturing Meeting (as required).
- Panel Manufacturing Meeting (as required).
- Purchasing Meeting (as required).
- Work with Management on Areas of Improvement to standardize and increase production.
- Interact with project management group and supply chain to control cost and meet deadlines.
- Complete other tasks given by the Mechanical Engineer Manager or other members of Management.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET or CEAB accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years of working as a mechanical engineer.
- Minimum of 2 Years working as an engineering supervisor or in an engineering management position is a plus.
- Strong Auto-CAD experience is a must.
- Experience using Solid works.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Basic knowledge of paint and powder coating processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and highly detail oriented.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be hands on with good analytical capability.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a project team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to design Structural Steel Fabricated Parts, Sheet Metal Parts, and have a good design aptitude.
- Experience with Control Building mechanical design including Plan Views, Wall Elevations, Structural Base Frame Drawing, and all Sheet Metal Part drawings is a plus.
- Must possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills as well as solid planning, organizing, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience designing to meet the requirements of the NEC, IEEE, IBC and UL.
- Experience in sheet metal design of control panels, cabinets or other large structures is a plus
- Strong understanding of sheet metal equipment and processes including welding.
- A plus if worked in Utility or Power Industry (i.e. Medium Voltage Switchgear, Control Panels, and Control Buildings).
- A positive can-do attitude and a team player.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities