The Mechanical Engineer I is responsible for assisting with the mechanical design and development of assigned manufacturing project related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgear. This position will learn the engineering profession and the practical application of mechanical engineering disciplines under the supervision of a Mechanical Engineer.
Fontana, California USA
- Participate in the development, engineering, design, and drafting of manufacturing projects related to control buildings, relay panels, and switchgear.
- Assist in generating mechanical 2D and 3D fabrication and assembly drawings (example: enclosures, cabinets, panels, etc.)
- Create bill of materials for assigned projects.
- Coordinate with customers regarding specification/design questions and clarifications.
- Work with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete design.
- Provide engineering support to production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Develops an understanding of design for excellence philosophy.
- Provide suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks to create 2D and 3D fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Ability to work in a hands-on engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and learn to design mechanical and sheet metal structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate in team environments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities