The Mechanical Engineer IV is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgear.
Vaughn, Ontario Canada
- Leads the mechanical engineering staff.
- Trains/mentors the mechanical engineering staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Develops and implements an efficient key performance indicator (KPI) process.
- Provides input for performance evaluations of the mechanical engineering staff.
- Participates in the hiring of mechanical engineering staff.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design for manufacturability products.
- Provides mechanical engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients and may also advise other internal groups
- Responsible for the implementation and, when required, recommends changes in procedures or objectives.
- Recommends the selection, administration, and reviews engineering for related work provided by outside consultants.
- Reviews customer specifications to create drawings and bill of materials for assigned projects within budget, including the selection of parts
- Works with customers to understand requirements for project, specification/design questions, and clarifications.
- In-depth knowledge of computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create detailed drawings of the product, including mechanical 2D fabrication (sheet metal and structural) and 3D assembly drawings.
- Identifies and implements product development of switchgear and sheet metal enclosure buildings.
- Works with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete design.
- Provides engineering support to fabrication and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Addresses design and manufacturing issues that arise; provide solutions to address issues. Customizes and implements efficient FMEA processes
- Provides suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills to manage a team of engineers and technical staff.
- Be results driven
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Knowledge of medium and low voltage power distribution equipment and associated controls/data acquisition systems
- General understanding of ANSI, IEEE, NEC and other industry applicable standards and codes
- Familiarity with ISO policies and safety regulations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Must have proven multitasking skills and can work in fast-paced, high demand environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and computational skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Familiarity with computer aided design tools including AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Understanding of mechanical and structural FEA
- Ability to gather, analyze and summarize data to address critical challenges and improve designs/processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 7+ years of related work experience.
- Experience of leading/mentoring a team of 5+ engineers.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.