The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgear.
Salary is commensurate with experience: Mechanical Engineer I, Mechanical Engineer II, Mechanical Engineer III
Fontana, California USA
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products that can be manufactured.
- Review customer specifications to create drawings and bill of materials for assigned projects within budget, including the selection of parts
- Works with customers to understand requirements for project, specification/design questions, and clarifications.
- Uses computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create detailed drawings of the product, including mechanical 2D fabrication (sheet metal and structural) and 3D assembly drawings.
- Product development of switchgear and sheet metal enclosure buildings.
- Work with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete design.
- Provide engineering support to fabrication and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Address design and manufacturing issues that arise; provide solutions to address issues.
- Provide suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks to create 2D and 3D fabrication and assembly drawings, with no or minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to provide out-of-the-box solutions.
- Familiar with parametric design procedures (knowledge of VBA)
- General understanding in mechanical and structural FEA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate in team environments
- Ability to demonstrate a record of hands-on and design for excellence philosophy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in the power distribution industry is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.