The Mechanical Engineering Manager leads the Mechanical Engineering team in the product development life cycle, provides technical and project leadership using hands-on approaches, and exercises tactical flexibility while focused on the strategic goals. This position reports to the Director of Engineering
Fontana, California USA
- Actively oversees the implementation of company’s safety, quality, and cultural guidelines.
- Manage technical communications with the customers, clearly presents CTS designs and follows-up with customer’s feedback.
- Leads and manages the mechanical engineering team, provides multi-disciplinary technical guidance, evaluation, and motivates career growth.
- Assigns Mechanical Engineering personnel to projects and tasks, as required, manages team’s performance, and proactively assists his/her direct reports to meet project goals and schedules.
- Provides estimates of labor and period of performance for Mechanical Engineering efforts in support of proposals.
- Act as mentor, including for Junior Engineers and drafters
- Provides robust design with reliability and manufacturability, and meets cost & schedule
- Actively co-ordinate the definition of design inputs, the creation of the design descriptions and specifications.
- Leads by example in implementing current designing tools, practices, processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Verifies designs, trouble-shoots, conducts, documents and/or oversees any resultant processes of corrective actions.
- Directly serve, as appropriate, as Project Engineer on certain projects.
Knowledge & Skills Required
· Highly experienced in traditional mechanical design, simulations, design for manufacturing and assembly for mechanical systems such as enclosures for buildings’ equipment or switchgears.
· Proven records of personal and technical leadership.
- Required competence in 3D solid modelling, proficiency with the latest mechanical CAD tools (e.g., SolidWorks) and the simulation tools required.
- Experience in structural design and analysis, familiarity with structural FEA
- Familiarity with building codes, ASME, ANSI
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to work well with assemblers and other manufacturing personnel.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with MS Office programs, including Microsoft Projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in mechanical design, 2+ years in managerial positions
- Professional Engineer License (PE) is a plus
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
· Occasional travels to address Company’s customers support requirements or to CTS locations in Texas and Canada
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.