The Panel Welder will be responsible for welding and cutting metal and steel pieces using welding equipment and techniques.
Garland, Texas USA
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job
- Fabricates various items using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR previous work experience in MIG Welding process
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical or flat
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities