The Press Brake Operator is responsible for operating a press brake machine to bend, shape, cut, and manipulate sheet metal and metal plates according to specifications.
Fontana, California USA
- Operates a press brake to manufacture parts from sheet metal or metal plates.
- Prepares, sets up, and adjusts press brake as required by product plans and production schedules.
- Ensures that there are sufficient raw materials available.
- Measures and aligns materials to be used.
- Inspects products, evaluating finished pieces for compliance with quality standards and specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on the press brake.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ability to safely and effectively operate or learn to operate press brake controls.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow product plans including blueprints and drawings.
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Basic computer and math skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience operating a press brake machine.
- At least one year of experience in metal fabrication or related work preferred.
- Physically able to operate the press brake.
- Prolonged periods of standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds at a time
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities