The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing operations of Crown Texas to ensure production schedules are met within required quality standards. Leading from a place of innovation and continuous improvement, the Production Manager will be focused on creating a production environment that fosters sustained growth while expanding the Texas operation’s geographic reach.
Garland, Texas USA
· Hires and trains front-line staff in assigned department
· Actively participates in the recruitment and onboarding of new talent for the production teams
· Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
· Collaborates with other managers and supervisors to coordinate activities in and among departments
· Drive projects to completion by working with engineering and procurement to get information needed to properly schedule resources.
· Coordinates and works closely with other departments to meet production schedules, quality goals and safety objectives within deadlines given
· Assign personnel to projects based on workload and capabilities
· Gives detailed instructions on how to complete work assignments and monitor progress
· Collects, evaluates, analyzes, and assesses production data
· Regularly inspects and evaluates products for quality and defects
· Effectively anticipate manpower needs based on upcoming project schedules and production demands
· Identifies and corrects problems and inefficiencies in process, materials, equipment, or skills
· Able to effectively leverage cross-functional support throughout the organization
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices including those related to safety and health
· Able to interact effectively with customers directly during factory site visits
· Develops and implements procedures and strategies to ensure a safe work environment
· Collaborates with other departmental managers to develop and execute budgets
· Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to put detailed production schedules together based on engineering drawings
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
· Thorough understanding of safety and health laws, regulations, and policies.
· Thorough understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost management, and other effective manufacturing and distribution techniques.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Associates degree in related field, or equivalent industry work experience required; Bachelors degree in Management, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
· At least 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
· At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the production floor.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on computers.
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
· Visual acuity to inspect products and machinery.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.