The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing employees in an assigned department and shift while ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards.
Fontana, California USA
- Leads and trains employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaching, and mentoring.
- Oversees production operations on assigned shift.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Coordinate resources as necessary to achieve safe and efficient results based on project workload.
- Review and verify the quality of work to ensure it meets the specifications of blueprints and wiring schematics.
- Partners with Production Manager to track progress or changes to production schedules and communicates information to team members as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations to increase productivity and efficiency of the department.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment used according to company policies and procedures.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measures, impact drill, etc). and math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the production floor.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.