The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and oveseeing all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget.
Garland, Texas USA
- Review project scope and develop a project schedule to establish action items and scheduled dates for each action item; communciate schedule with internal departments including engineering, purchasing, production, inventory, and quality control
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
- Coordinate meetings with customers to discuss scope of project, requirements, and any updates to the project schedule.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with internal departments to ensure the project is progressing on schedule and within budget.
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Track project performance and communicate any changes to customers and internal departments.
- Collaborate with design group to change plans or specifications if problems arise.
- Create and submit change orders as needed
- Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Associates Degree in a related field required; Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or other related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field.
- PMP Certifcation and/or formal coursework/training in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities