The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchase of materials and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
Fontana, California USA
- Purchases goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Utilizes ERP exception reporting to maintain inventory levels on stock items.
- Evaluates vendor options based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Conducts vendor performance evaluation based on company criteria scorecards.
- Works with vendors to negotiate materials based on price, volume, lead times, and other options to get the best deal.
- Ensures that purchasing data and documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Follow up with suppliers and vendors regarding lead times and shipping delays and communicate with internal teams (shipping and receiving, project management, etc.)
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records in the purchasing records in the ERP System.
- Coordinates with Bill of Material (BOM) creators for project specific quotes and procurement planning and execution
- Coordinates with Project Managers on project planning, procurement status, and material delay impacts.
- Document and track savings impact created when managing procurement of stock of job items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven vendor relationship and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- General understanding of Supply Chain and Inventory Management policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in a related field required; Bachelors degree in a related field highly preferred.
- At least three years of purchasing experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities