The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for performing administrative and clerical duties for the purchasing department.
Fontana, California USA
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the purchasing department.
- Research vendors and collects pricing, quotes, specifications, and other data related to goods and services; update database as needed to ensure accurate pricing of goods and services.
- Creates and issues purchase orders in a timely manner and without error.
- Processes stock order transfers for job kitting requests in ERP System.
- Obtain lead times from suppliers and update ERP System with PO ETA.
- Review open orders and monitor shipments to ensure that the delivery of product is on time; communicate and document shipping delays.
- Request SKU creation, SKU updates, and SKU reactivation for items within the ERP System.
- Establishes and maintains recordkeeping system for purchasing department.
- Works with other departments, including engineering, for sourcing and cutsheet support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of purchasing or administrative experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities