Fontana, California USA
- Key focus on maintaining key accounts by administering purchase orders, contracts, RFQ’s (request for quotes), to meet the required terms and conditions and sourcing materials for finished goods and spare inventory.
- Communicate status of purchases directly with Executive Management.
- Responsible for reporting and trending team performance and identifying key areas or opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain all vendor files, including quotes, pricing, and communications to include bid/quote packages.
- Maintains cost information by commodity and vendor.
- Responsible for understanding all areas involving order processing, inventory, purchasing, Enterprise resource planning (ERP), and related marketing and accounting impacts to operations.
- Utilize ERP System to procure materials for manufacturing production and spares inventory consistent with quality, delivery and costs expectations.
- Facilitates development of necessary bid/quote packages and solicits those bid packages to vendors.
- Evaluates and manages vendor performance to insure on time deliveries and adherence to quality specifications.
- Monitors and facilitates improvements in material cost reduction, quality, and delivery.
- Works closely with the Planning, Inventory Control & Scheduling groups to develop accurate forecasts to optimize inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with engineering and quality assurance, and other departments as needed.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Other projects deemed by Management.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Purchasing and Vendor Management.
- Minimum 3 leading a purchasing team in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Negotiating Skills is a must.
- Ability to develop Commercial Documents including terms such as bonding, liquidated damages, payment terms, insurance requirements, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft office, especially with Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with ordering Electrical Equipment including Switchgear, MCC’s, Switchboards, is a plus.
- Extremely organized, strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities