The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for providing quality control and assurance throughout all phases of the production process including inspections of raw materials, in-process, and final products.
Our company is currently seeking ISO 9001 Certification; Candidates who have previous experience with an ISO certified company and are familiar with the audits and processes associated with ISO 9001 certification, is a plus.
Garland, Texas USA
- Performs visual inspections and other specified tests of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products to confirm product meets drawings and specifications
- Uses observation and testing to identify faults in materials and manufacturing process
- Documents inspection results by completing inspection reports, logs, and checklists
- Communicates with supervisor to determine appropriate recommendations and remedies for questions regarding products
- Maintain quality records as needed
- Keeps inspection and measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; and notifying management when repairs are necessary.
- Participates in ISO training and ISO audits, as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of the product and/or process being inspected
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and technical documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with the task at hand
- Exposure to ISO auditing process, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed to complete reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience of quality inspections in a fabrication/manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in an ISO 9001 Certified company
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Dexterity and accuracy as needed to operate testing equipment or gauges.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform inspections
- Must be able to traverse production facility to conduct inspections
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities