The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for providing direction and completing inspections to ensure that the production is executed within established quality standards.
Fontana, California USA
- Will oversee the daily workflow and assignments of the Quality department.
- Will lead and train employees in the Quality Department.
- Will provide constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaching, and mentoring.
- Supervise team of Quality inspectors and assist when necessary, in the inspection process.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements
- Complete in-process and final inspections, collect and review daily quality control reports for accuracy and complete required reports, logs, and checklists for manufacturing projects as needed
- Coordinate Quality work with the Production Schedule and ensure jobs are coordinated and completed within established timeframes.
- Review project specifications regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality and implement Quality procedures to comply with project requirements.
- Maintain Quality equipment and keep inspection equipment current with scheduled calibration.
- Will train and develop Quality personnel in the correct use of equipment, specification compliance, and proper recordkeeping.
- Lead problem-solving initiatives to analyze quality failures and help drive quality improvements.
- Will allocate job assignments in support of workflow through the facility.
- Ensure all team members follow Quality & Safety Procedures and that all failure incidents are promptly reported and investigated.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO-9001 Quality Management System
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with customers, auditors, production managers, project managers, and the quality department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in effectively leading a team of employees
- At least three years of experience in quality control, manufacturing, fabrication, or related field
- Experience in the following disciplines is a plus: mechanical assembly, metal fabrication, electrical schematics, and panel wiring
- Periods of standing, walking, and sitting at a desk using a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Dexterity and accuracy as needed to operate testing equipment or gauges.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform inspections.
- Must be able to traverse production facility to conduct inspections.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities