The Shipping/Receiving Coordinator is responsible for processing inbound and outbound shipment activities.
Fontana, California USA
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing department per company policy.
- Verifies and records all items unloaded for shipments; accurately maintains all shipping records and updates inventory management system
- Maintains inventory management systems to ensure that orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Prepares products and bills of lading for shipments; stages product in appropriate staging area for pick up by vendor
- Loads trucks using a forklift
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of inventory and warehouse management procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
- Ability to operate powered equipment including a forklift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving or related field
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities