The Receiving Inspector is responsible for receiving, inspecting, and staging raw material, steel plating, and structural steel for our Fabrication Department.
Fontana, California USA
- Receives and unloads raw material, steel plating, and structural steel from trucks by powered equipment (forklift).
- Verifies and documents the condition and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies
- Performs visual inspections and other specified tests of incoming materials to confirm they are not damaged and meet requirements (example: dimensions, specifications, etc.)
- Verifies material certifications are received for all raw material, steel plating, and structural steel; contact suppliers if issues arise with certifications.
- Notify supervisor of any damaged material
- Stage material in assigned staging area; log details in the Fabrication Receiving Log
- Print PO and attach to shipping document and material certifications; submit forms to accounting for processing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of the product and/or process being inspected
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a professional environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with the task at hand
- Demonstrated proficiency with the ability to safety operate powered equipment (forklift, reach truck, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed to complete reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience completing quality inspections in a fabrication/manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience operating powered equipment (forklift, reach truck, etc.)
- Must be able to traverse warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities