The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgears. This position will also oversee our team of Electrical Engineer onsite in Canada.
Vaughn, Ontario Canada
- Leads the electrical engineering staff.
- Trains/mentors the electrical engineering staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Develops and implements an efficient key performance indicator (KPI) process.
- Provides input for performance evaluations of the electrical engineering staff.
- Participates in the hiring of electrical engineering staff.
- Applies knowledge of Electrical engineering principles to design for manufacturability products
- Reviews customer specifications to create drawings and bills of materials for assigned projects within budget, including the selection of parts
- Works with customers to understand requirements for the project, specification/design questions, and clarifications.
- Generates detailed substation control house wiring drawings based on customer-supplied guidance schematic.
- Coordinates design/review of control house distribution projects with utility & EPC companies. It includes preparing a bill of materials, designing single line diagrams for power distribution, producing drawings detailing the entire electrical design, generating cable schedules and nameplate schedules for the assigned project.
- Provides electrical engineering inputs on product development of switchgear and sheet metal enclosure buildings.
- Defines test procedures and performs power testing of control house, protective relay panels, and medium voltage switchgear line-ups.
- Works with the mechanical engineering department to secure an integrated product design.
- Works with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete the design.
- Provides engineering support to wiring, testing, and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Addresses design and manufacturing issues that arise; provide solutions to address issues.
- Suggests areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
- Mentors the Electrical engineers and drafting personals based on the permanent designing improvement process.
- Assists the engineering manager with the tactical and strategic department goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience in designing & testing three-phase AC and DC control circuits.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures, NEC & IEEE Codes.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment is required, also skilled in handling multiple designs and testing projects simultaneously.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, protection relay testing, communication network circuits would be a plus.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office programs.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with at least 5 to 7 Years of relevant work experience
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT) is a plus
- Professional Engineer License (PE) is a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.