If you are a Senior Purchasing Agent please read on! Currently, we are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team at our Fontana, California location. This individual will assist the Project Managers with executing project requirements. Such requirements include: models and take-offs, bid prep, project execution, field management and follow up. This position involves a variety of tasks to assist the Project Manager(s) or others in the performance of their duties and coordination with clients, field personnel and subcontractors.
Fontana, California USA
- Determines the most efficient and cost effective ways to procure materials
- Under direction, processes renewals and purchase orders, and ensures on time
- Assists with review and negotiation of terms and conditions with suppliers for assigned
contracts and placement of purchase orders for materials.
- Accurately enters and maintains data in contract and ERP systems; adheres to department and company documentation and records retention policies.
- Assists with monitoring and management of supplier performance and corrective action.
- Resolve escalated purchase order discrepancies, including damage claims, rejections, over shipments, cancelations, returns of material and price discrepancies.
- Monitors suppliers to ensure on time delivery.
- Assists senior level purchasing and contracting agents with obtaining insurance requirements.
- Participates in and provides support to source selection teams
- Create and/or review material requests on behalf of customers and/or provide training to customers on how to create material requests.
- Researches suppliers for source selection activities.
- Educates and supports internal business unit customers on procurement processes and systems.
- Meets key performance metrics for company objectives around cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Develops successful relationships with suppliers.
- Provides timely and accurate responses to internal business unit customers and supplier inquiries.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and works with Procurement team and business unit on solutions.
- Coordinates with Inventory Analyst on materials forecasts and orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- A minimum of 5 years purchasing experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office, especially with Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Be able to multitask.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with ordering sheet metal a plus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities