The Structural Welder is responsible for welding structural steel (c-channels) to fabricate the framing for sheet metal enclosure buildings using welding equipment and techniques.
Fontana, California USA
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts prior to assembly
- Weld structural steel (c-channels) in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using welding techniques and equipment
- Clamp, hold, or tack weld parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Determine required equipment and welding techniques, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and drawings including weld symbols
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding techniques including designs, uses, maintenance, and repair
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to make jigs and setups
- Overhead crane operation a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR 2+ years’ experience in dual shield welding process
- Certification required: AWS D1.1 FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.