We are currently looking for a Supervisor to help drive efficient operations in the Building Department. In this role, you will lead, provide direction, and coach/train a team of assemblers and wiremen to ensure production deadlines are met for our sheet metal enclosure buildings.
Fontana, California USA
- Lead and supervise a team involved in the assembly and wiring of our sheet metal enclosure buildings through effective coaching, training, and mentoring
- Coordinate and work closely with other departments to assure the attainment of production schedules, quality goals and safety objectives are met within deadlines given.
- Coordinate resources as necessary to achieve safe and efficient results based on project workload
- Review and verify the quality of work to ensure it meets the specifications of blueprints and wiring schematics
- Work with the Building Assistant Manager and Department Manager to ensure project dates are met
- Provide recommendations to increase productivity and efficiency of the department
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ability to coach, train, mentor, and motivate personnel
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and production processes, including the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measures, impact drill, etc). and math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- 2+ years of assembly experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for periods of time and occasionally required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada with plans for a second facility in Texas. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company in our Fontana, CA facility. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan
- 401k Rollover
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities