The Test Engineer III will be responsible for testing substation control house projects while meeting budgetary and schedule requirements. Additionally, the Test Engineer III will supervise the work performed by the test technicians, and work with them to identify and troubleshoot critical issues.
Fontana, California USA
- Trains and manages employees in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaching, and mentoring.
- Performs power testing of protective relay panels, medium voltage switchgear line-ups, test communication, and HMI components on the relay panel. Testing also involves panel boards, automatic transfer switches, fire alarm systems, air conditioning, and other power distribution component.
- Maintains testing schedule per Crown project schedule and production schedule with guidance from the Electrical Engineering Manager.
- Monitors testing status daily; gathers feedback from all test technicians.
- Reviews project specifications and implement testing procedures to comply with project requirements.
- Reviews test plans of all projects against schematics with test technicians before submittal
- Maintains test folder for all projects with relevant test reports, test drawings, and test pictures.
- Reviews and maintains testing equipment list with Test Technicians.
- Creates and maintains test procedures, including testing forms.
- Leads problem-solving initiatives to analyze quality failures and help drive quality improvements (ex. ways to improve the efficiency of testing to reduce the time required).
- Ensures all team members follow testing standards and safety procedures; promptly report and investigate all quality failure incidents.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge in testing three-phase AC and DC power distribution circuits, including troubleshooting.
- Ability to follow Crown/Customer testing forms and IEEE guidelines to perform testing.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment is required.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures, NEC, IEEE Codes.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and a proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Skilled to handle the scheduling of test technicians and perform testing with the team.
- Experience and knowledge with computers and MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of Auto- Cad, protection relay programming, communication network circuits would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Prior hands-on experience performing AC/DC functional testing on protection relays, MV switchgear, MV breaker, and arc flash.
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience.
- NETA Certification a plus.
- While performing this job’s duties, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for periods of time and occasionally required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities