The Wireman is responsible for installing electrical components and wiring for our buildings, relay panels, and switchgear projects.
Fontana, California USA
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine material requirements or assembly instructions
- Assemble electrical systems and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or conduit using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment
- Run wire and cable according to schematics and blueprints.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan, review work activities, or to resolve production problems
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately
- Knowledge of manufacturing, equipment maintenance, and safety management
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measure, impact drill, wire crimpers, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in wiring or installing electrical control/relay panels preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products or machines as directed.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and electronic components.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Working At Crown Technical Systems
Crown Technical Systems is a rapidly expanding company in the ever growing electrical power industry.
Our main facility is located in Fontana, CA; we have a branch office in Toronto Canada as well as our branch in Dallas Texas that opened in 2018. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of arc-resistant and non-arc, medium voltage metal clad switchgear, control buildings and enclosures, protective relay panels and more. We are looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with the desire to take on new challenges, assist in developing our product lines and grow with our company. We are offering stability, growth potential, competitive wages, and the chance to be a part of exciting new and cutting edge projects that adds to the power infrastructure of America with concurrent benefit to communities across the country.
- Variety of Medical Plans
- Comprehensive Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Plan Premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan (N/A in Texas)
- 401k Rollover (N/A in Texas)
- Direct Deposit
- 7 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Working Atmosphere
- Additional benefits based on eligibility criteria.
Apply for this position
A Day At Crown Technical Systems
Watch an overview of our top-class facilities